Saturday, December 13, 2008


So here it is the end of the year or at least it is quickly approaching. I first want to say that im not huge on picture of myself but thought I should put on one here, for this post.

I had every intention of mailing Christmas cards this year but alas I have yet to do it and have procrastinated for many different reasons. Here are a few...
1. Have no clue where my address book is(and that would require me to actually look throughthe boxes and boxes that are piling high in the garage)
2. How do you send cards announcing your divorced? Not sure the tactful way to do it.
3. I can't remember where I put the cards I bought last year for super cheap after Christmas.
4. Stamps....

So those are my excuses, not very valid but I am going to using them to justify my laziness. So all of you that would have gotten a Christmas card, to you I say, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year".

I laid in bed the other night and sleep eluded me, so naturally my mind began to think back through the last year. As luck would have it, 2008 was a very interesting and eventful year. I want to thank everyone for their love and support, prayers and positive thoughts. Being divorced has not been easy, but then I knew it wouldn't be. I have learned that your family is always there and my relationships with my siblings and their loved ones has been strengthened. I have also learned that you never know what tomorrow will bring so our today's need to be enjoyed to the fullest, life is too short to hold grudges, life isn't meant to be lived in the past....there are several sayings I can think of to sum up the last year. But this is what will say....I love my girls, I love my siblings, I love my parents, I love my friends and love those others close to me, and most of all I am thankful for the Love of my Heavenly Father.

Wishing you all a Happy Holiday....


4 comments:

Mrs. O said...

What a beautiful picture of you. We're here for you any time.

Stacy said...

Such cute pics! Where did tou take them? It looks like there's a cabin? Merry Christmas to you too! Not sure that we'll get any cards out this year either. Love ya!

Terri said...

Love your update. We love you and appreciate all that you are going through. Life is hard and it is designed that way for a purpose---If it were too easy there would be very little growth and refinement. I think your attitude is very upbeat and will aurely be a help as you help your girls handle all the changes. Chin up, there is a good and valuable side to everything we go through---just have to find it. Merry Christmas to you and your family of beautiful girls. Gives them hugs and kisses from grandma and grandpa.

Mike Bartholomew said...

At least you have some excuses. I just didn't do it. Maybe I will send out a quick email newsletter. I love that picture. Merry Christmas! sending you all my love!